How Long does probate take
Probate Time Limits
How long probate is perhaps one of the most common probate questions we get asked. There is no standard answer as it totally varies depending upon a variety of factors such as:-
- Whether the deceased left a will
- The nature of the assets and liabilities
- Whether inheritance tax has to be paid
- The number of beneficiaries
A few factors are however important to bear in mind.
- Probate should be delayed and there is a requirement to inform banks and building societies of a person’s death so that their accounts are frozen.
- Problems can arise if an executor or administrator delays dealing with an estate as action can be taken against them for fail
- Inheritance tax has to be paid within 6 months of a person’s death
For Probate Help call us on 0845 269 3571 or complete our online enquiry form.